Re: Gelatin (waterproofing)

From: Dave S ^lt;fotodave@dsoemarko.us>
Date: 12/31/03-09:52:11 AM Z

If you are thinking about hardening and waterproofing the gelatin to be used
as the mold, I think the gelatin might not have enough strength for that
even after it is waterproven.

There is a patent about using modern material for doing Woodburytype. I read
it a few years ago but I forgot the title. You could probably do a search on
woodburytype and find something.

I think photopolymer (either liquid or pre-manufactured plates) can be made
to work as mold of Woodburytype. It's worth experimenting, but that's just
my "feeling."

Dave S