Re: For those who are interested in making digital negatives using pigmented inksets

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@yahoo.com>
Date: 12/31/03-02:13:49 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sandy King" <sanking@clemson.edu>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2003 9:44 PM
Subject: Re: For those who are interested in making digital negatives using
pigmented inksets

> I am aware of the fact that some on this list will never agree with
> the concept that an enlarged negative, digital or otherwise, could
> ever give better results than an original in-camera negative. But you
> now know my opinion, and I am sticking with it.

Good points. In my little experience, digital negatives show very slight
dithering pattern in highlights (but you have to look for them - I just
noticed this in some of my prints looking for them after Mikes comments) and
are slightly blurry compared to lith negatives. My prints from light
negatives are (or look) somehow sharper compared to inkjet negatives. That's
why I said "lith negatives are better in terms of quality"... YMMV.

Regards,
Loris.