Re: For those who are interested in making digital negatives using pigmented inksets

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 12/31/03-07:47:38 PM Z

Ryuji,

Since most inkjet negatives are printed at about 360 ppi, I doubt if they
would hold up as a negative in an enlarger beyond 2X, if that, depending on how
good one's near vision is—in my case...well maybe 3X heheheheh. It would not
be that hard to test it with a magnifier held over a standard inkjet print.

Depending on the inkjet negative and film, and how opaque the dots are (the
extreme would be an imagesetter negative) you may have less control with the
contrast by varying your chemicals and paper with more opaque dots.

Mark Nelson