Re: Dallmeyer spelling?

From: Richard Knoppow (dickburk@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 02/03/03-03:52:04 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Rose" <cactuscowboy@attbi.com>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 1:08 PM
Subject: Re: Dallmeyer spelling?

> If you're referring to Thomas Rudolf Dallmeyer and/or the
Dallmeyer firm in
> England (lens manufacturers), your spelling is correct.
> Reference: A World History of Photography by Naomi
Rosenblum, Abbeville
> Press
>
> Dave in Wyoming
>

> > Meanwhile, isn't anyone going to tell me how to spell
Dallmeyer???

> > J.

  Also see _A History of the Photographic Lens_ Rudolf
Kingslake, Academic Press. He discribes the origin of the
Dallmeyer company. About one quarter of the book is composed
of one page biographies of some of the pioneer optical
designers including the members of the Dallmeyer family.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@ix.netcom.com