Re: Homemade vacuum easel

From: Dave Rose (cactuscowboy@attbi.com)
Date: 02/07/03-11:55:30 AM Z

No, because the polyester must press against the negative/paper to ensure
intimate contact between them.

As far as I can tell, the polyester does not degrade the quality of light or
resultant print quality. Dust on the polyester is not a serious problem.
I've seen no apparent difference between prints made on my vacuum easel and
those made in a conventional glass contact frame. It should be noted that a
vacuum easel is much better for making large prints. Achieving uniform,
intimate contact between (large) negative and paper is more difficult using
spring-loaded glass contact frames.

Dave in Wyoming