Re: Homemade vacuum easel

From: Michael Healy (mjhealy@kcnet.com)
Date: 02/07/03-01:23:43 PM Z

Is this a generally-known experience among printers of large negs? Not just
a problem with Wyoming altitude? When you say "large", Dave, what do you
have in mind? Squarish, I imagine. Do you think I should I expect such
problems when I start printing my 7x17's, or are these going to be narrow
enough to avoid ungainliness? This very weekend, I was going to start
collecting parts out of which to build a spring-back frame (about 8x18").
Now your description has me thinking that instead of looking for springs, I
ought to be saving my money for a 4-ft shopvac. And I suppose you need to
leave the vacuum on until you're done w/ the exposure, huh? Mine will have
to move easily back and forth from the bathroom through the living room past
the dining room and out onto the patio. Could one just load in the dark,
wrap with the towel, go outside, and then finally start the vacuum seal out
there?

Do you use earplugs? I suppose not in Wyoming.

Mike Healy