Re: Homemade vacuum easel

Ender100@aol.com
Date: 02/07/03-12:55:13 PM Z

ah, ok, I had assumed the negative could seal the area over the print and
press against the print...

In a message dated 2/7/03 12:57:01 PM, cactuscowboy@attbi.com writes:

<< No, because the polyester must press against the negative/paper to ensure

intimate contact between them.

As far as I can tell, the polyester does not degrade the quality of light or

resultant print quality. Dust on the polyester is not a serious problem.

I've seen no apparent difference between prints made on my vacuum easel and

those made in a conventional glass contact frame. It should be noted that a

vacuum easel is much better for making large prints. Achieving uniform,

intimate contact between (large) negative and paper is more difficult using

spring-loaded glass contact frames. >>