Re: Paper Negatives by reversal

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 02/07/03-07:26:10 AM Z

Hi Chris,
My response about paper negatives was in response to your statement that
paper negatives have UV inhibitors and are unsuitable for alternative
processes, to which I responded that I've used all kinds of papers for
negatives for gum printing without a problem. If you're talking
specifically about RC papers only, which it looks now like you are, I
must qualify my response. I've never used RC papers; unpeeled, the
plastic base blocked the light completely, and my few attempts to peel
it were totally unsuccessful, in spite of all the good advice I got
about how to do it. So I've never used an RC paper as a negative, and my
remarks do not apply to RC papers. The papers I've used have been mostly
single=weight fiber-based papers, double-weight that once, and many
kinds of digital papers.
Katharine Thayer