Re: Ansel Adams Article in LA Times

From: Dave Rose (cactuscowboy@attbi.com)
Date: 02/07/03-01:48:37 PM Z

I believe that jealousy is behind a lot of the Ansel-bashing. "Cheap shots"
in my opinion as well. Who doubts that 100 years from now Adams will appear
in photography/art history books as one of the most influential
photographers of his time? He's given us an enormously popular body of
beautiful work, made innumerable technical contributions to the art and
science of photography, and was outstanding in the conservation movement.
By all accounts I've read or heard, he was a kind and generous man, well
respected and liked by his peers.

Of the two articles I read today on the LA Times website, neither was
disparaging or unfairly critical. The links:

http://www.calendarlive.com/galleriesandmuseums/cl-wk-pagel6feb06.story
http://www.calendarlive.com/galleriesandmuseums/cl-ca-isenberg2feb02.story

Best regards,
Dave in Wyoming