Vacuum easels vs springback

From: Michael Healy (mjhealy@kcnet.com)
Date: 02/08/03-05:47:34 PM Z

Thank you, Dave and others, for taking the time to hold this discussion
about vacuum easels. As I said in an email the other day, I had just been
about to start gathering the materials to make a homemade frame for 7"x17".
All of this has been very enlightening, and it's given me a lot to think
about. I appreciate it.

My big problem at this point still continues to be that, like Chris
Anderson, I print out on the back forty. Chris, maybe you just like the sun
and sky, but I don't have a lot of choice. In fact I recently mused at the
idea of making a light for the bathroom, but my girlfriend shot this down
immediately. "No way," she said, "don't you know? Blacklights attract
scorpions."

So when I get this think done and ready, I probably will be able to add to
Dave's design: built-in air conditioning. Otherwise these poor negs of mine
are going to melt like cheese when June brings 115 degrees. I don't think I
will even be able to risk those short 30-sec exposures I need for
argyrotype, much less the 5 minutes it takes to print a cyanotype.

Mike Healy