Re: self masking and POP

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 02/10/03-01:40:23 AM Z

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Sandy King wrote:

> And it is not my theory, though I tend to think it may well be valid
> because blue indeed offers less actinic filtration than other colors.
> In three-color carbon printing, for example, printing speed is always
> much faster with the cyan record than with the magenta (next fastest)
> and yellow (slowest) records.

I tested with dichromate today, a longer exposure so it didn't all wash
off. The blue gel let through less light than the red gel -- and
incidentally Mark, in BOTH media the pictorico let though a tad more light
than the Stouffer... My thought is that the Nu-Arc bulb acts differently
from the BL bulbs... I can remember when I still had the nu-arc testing
some things on both.... they were definitely different. But this way lies
madness (among all the other ways madness lies).

J.