Re: HP Designjet 500 / was....whatever

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 02/12/03-03:12:48 AM Z

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 FOTAR2@aol.com wrote:

Bob, I don't need to spell this out, but I will anyway: at present I work
some 26 hours a day, have no time or strength to go tootling around for
MORE research, as I am running 2 matriarchies, 2 houses, two publications,
and too much damn else... without a wife. My husband heard a lecture
today, incidentally, about idiot savants..they can't relate to other
people, it seems, but often get a wife who does that for them. I hope I'm
not an idiot, but sure would like a wife to take care of the paperwork and
the websites and the public relations...

MEANWHILE, I think I share enough information here to be allowed to get
some.

I also think that if you REALLY meant your message as you revise it now, I
wouldn't have felt so nettled by it... I also know that many folks,
especially women, are intimidated by exactly that kind of chiding,
complaint, "curmudgeonry." ... if you declare something offtopic, they
hesitate to write about it. Frankly, I'm more interested in digital
negatives right now than .... oh, what ... don't dare suggest I'm not
interested in pyrowhatever..... OK, than in duplicating film. and frankly
my dear(s) if you banish digital from this list, won't be much to talk
about after a while, except mourning lost films...

Anyway, since you seem to tootle around so handily on these websites,
you might be more forthcoming with the info...

thanks in advance,

As for yahoo... they're not public benefactors... they're
schlockmongers... But the good part about them is they make us realize
how lucky we are to have NON-commercial Gord up there using up some of the
cold in Canada, so we don't get it all.....

cheerio,

Judy