Re: HP Designjet 500 / was....whatever

FOTAR2@aol.com
Date: 02/11/03-03:39:15 PM Z

    Well, now, Judy, I've always wondered what it would be like to be caught
in the bright glare of your headlights, so I guess I'd better learn to enjoy
it. Perhaps taking your response point by point as you are wont to do when
entangled in a similar situation might constitute speaking your language.

    Isn't the pot calling the kettle black when your response of calling me a
generalizer is based on your experience with one group that you found
inadequate? Now that's generalizing! And if indeed it was that bad, all the
more reason to try other groups in the hope of getting what you want - and
the reason I recommended four different sources, on each of which I have
found useful information.

    I thought it painfully obvious that I was expressing only my own opinion
as to whether it might prove more efficient to ask certain questions where
the information is already being discussed, and has been for some time. Let
me try make it clearer, I am trying to expand, not contract, the resources
available to the group.

    I re-read what I wrote and missed the part where I was putting my words
in anyone else's mouth. If anyone does oppose my opinion - or share it, they
will put me in my place - or not, but hopefully by an accurate
interpretation. Somehow I got the impression you were begrudging me
permission to express mine in the first place. I start to feel the warm
breath of political correctness. Speaking of putting words in other people's
mouth, who are the "some of us" who don't care to be on a Yahoo group? Or are
you speaking for yourself? Personally I hate their constant interruptions to
force their advertising on me. If that's your beef, I heartily agree.

    And now for the funny part. How could anyone take seriously the idea that
I was implying all the problems of alternative photography have been solved.
I don't see how I could have gotten my tongue more firmly in my cheek.
Lighten up. The unfunny part is for you to analogize where else my unspoken
words might apply. It muddies up the analogy and is a game that can be played
ad infinitum. Let's not.

    Now about me exceeding my authority. Again, I couldn't find the part
where I claimed any, and If somebody out there is suggesting I take a
position of authority, I will not run - and if elected, I will not serve. And
then there is this "decision" you refer to. Decision? If you are going to
explain me to me, I wish that you would make it a little clearer, I would
love to understand myself better.

    As for the minor points, I do delete what doesn't interest me. And while
I appreciate your somewhat snide invitation to discuss any other topics that
I personally don't feel are getting enough attention, I already have
permission to do so, as should be obvious. No, I don't want to dance.

    And lastly, I too have gotten some fine negatives from an Epson 2200 (not
mine) and, you know, I don't see how metamerism could have had any relevence
to the making of those enlarged negatives.

    Having said all that, I still enjoy the vast majority of what you
contribute, and would miss it if you stopped - and I'm currently suffering a
case of Post-Factory withdrawal. I hope the weather in NY improves, I think
you've been cooped up too long.

Believe it or not, Warm regards
Bob