Re: Chicago, Pt. II

From: Shannon Stoney (sstoney@pdq.net)
Date: 02/12/03-09:25:53 AM Z

Andrew wrote:

>The other photograph vying for top honors in the historic category,
>is Julia Margaret Cameron's albumen print of Mrs. Herbert Duckworth
>taken 20 years later in April of 1867. It's a large oval, a deep
>chocolate brown. I fail to remember the dimensions clearly, maybe 8
>in. tall by three wide. It is also in mint condition and so
>beautiful; I always think Mrs. Herbert looks like Virginia Woolf.

Mrs Herbert Duckworth was Virginia Woolf's mother. Mrs Duckworth
married Virginia Woolf's father after her husband died. She brought
two of her children from her previous marriage to the household when
she married Mr Woolf. One of these boys was the older half brother
who molested Virginia and her sister Vanessa when they were small.

--shannon