Re: printing with mold or fungus?

From: Linas Kudzma (lkudzma@earthlink.net)
Date: 02/12/03-12:39:36 PM Z

I'll take a guess at this.

There is a large shelf fungus called "Artist's Conch" (Ganoderma applanatum) that grows on dead trees. The underside spore surface of the fungus is hard and flat and can be scrathed with sharp tools to reveal a darker color. There are a number of artists who draw on this surface in this way, making very unique pictures (not photos of course).

Could this be it?

Linas