RE: printing with mold or fungus?

From: Paul Martinez (paul_c_martinez@yahoo.com)
Date: 02/12/03-04:16:01 PM Z

I heard a story on public radio (over the weekend?) about a guy who makes "photographs" out of grass. He projects negatives onto a bed of tightly growing grass and creates images of green and yellowed grass.
maybe the mold/fungus is an analogous process?

 Ken Watson <watsok@frii.com> wrote:I am sure this is just a variation on the gelatin swelling process. Where
the gelatin is not hardened it is allowed to soak up chemicals that are
anti-fungal. Once dried after a rapid and cold water wash the print is
inoculated with a strain of fungus that grows black. This is then placed in
a high humidity warm place for a few weeks for development. Or if you have a
month and need a rich black color the back of the fridge would work.

I am sure this is written up in the keepers of darkness publication.