Re: More digital negatives

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 02/12/03-04:54:39 PM Z

Mark wrote"

>Nick,
>
>Are you looking for a quad black ink that works with Pictorico? I know of
>none so far that anyone has had any luck with and most, if not all are
>pigment inks. Maybe your point was that it would be great to have a nice
>quad black set that would make great prints on fine art papers AND make good
>inkjet negatives-thus only needing one printer for both purposes?
>
>On the other hand, I am not so sure that quad black inks themselves would
>give much advantage in making a digital negative over other inks. I think
>you could probably print just as smooth a negative using a spectral method-I
>think that the printer becomes more of a facter-how smoothly does it print
>and how fine are the dots.
>
>I think people have also had good luck with Pictorico using the Epson 2200,
>7600, 9600 machines, which use the new UltraChrome inks-they are pigment
>based. The Epson 2200 has a price in the $800 range and prints 13 x 44
>(Banner Mode).
>
>Mark Nelson

BTW, I see that you can buy a refurbished like new Epson 2000P from
Midwest for less than $400. Now that I see how well the new printer
driver for the 2000P works at eliminating, or at least greatly
reducing metarmerism, I would personally just as soon have the 2000P
as the 2200 because the output is more archival.

Sandy