Re: More digital negatives

Ender100@aol.com
Date: 02/12/03-04:25:47 PM Z

Nick,

Are you looking for a quad black ink that works with Pictorico? I know of
none so far that anyone has had any luck with and most, if not all are
pigment inks. Maybe your point was that it would be great to have a nice
quad black set that would make great prints on fine art papers AND make good
inkjet negatives—thus only needing one printer for both purposes?

On the other hand, I am not so sure that quad black inks themselves would
give much advantage in making a digital negative over other inks. I think
you could probably print just as smooth a negative using a spectral method—I
think that the printer becomes more of a facter—how smoothly does it print
and how fine are the dots.

I think people have also had good luck with Pictorico using the Epson 2200,
7600, 9600 machines, which use the new UltraChrome inks—they are pigment
based. The Epson 2200 has a price in the $800 range and prints 13 x 44
(Banner Mode).

Mark Nelson