Workshop announcement

From: Jonathan Bailey (quryhous@midcoast.com)
Date: 02/14/03-03:50:19 PM Z

Dear list friends,

I will be giving two one-week workshops this summer in my studio in Maine
(July 27th -August 2nd and August 10th - 16th). The class covers numerous
historical toning processes with an emphasis on contemporary split-toning
processes, including my GP-1 gold split-process.

We will also experiment with the mordancage process (a variation on the
historic “etch/bleach” process perfected by Jean-Pierre Sudre in France),
and make at least one 9'x4' cyanotype mural. I encourage the use of low-tech
cameras during the week (plastic Dianas or Holgas as well as pin-hole).

Discussions through the week will center on the nature and origins of
images.

The week's fee will include light breakfast and (blow-out) dinner daily
(Jane and I will be cooking the evening meals!), as well as boat-fare to
Monhegan Island aboard The Lady Anne - with sightseeing along the way. It
is a wonderful week of photography while enjoying the coast of Maine.

The August 10-16 workshop is nearly full – enrollment is limited to seven
people in both these classes. Please reserve early! Feel free to email me
(off-list!) should you have questions regarding the class. And please feel
free to visit my (updated!) website – you’ll find images made during last
summer’s workshop, as well as snapshots from the week.

Thanks!!

Jon
www.jonathan-bailey.com
Tenants Harbor, Maine