Maco Genius film, update

From: Christina Z. Anderson (zphoto@montana.net)
Date: 02/17/03-08:19:25 AM Z

     I did a bunch of enlarged negs yesterday and wanted to amend my notes
on Maco Genius film. To go from a 4x5 interpositive to 8x10 was about a 16
second exposure at f8, 150mm lens. I diluted my developer WAY down because
the Dmax is so high with that film. I was getting a 3.1 read with a .2 base
(I hope that is the correct terminology--you get the picture; I'm not
densitometer queen or anything) with the 1:1 dilution, so I finally ended up
diluting Dektol to 1 +7 and it was great--easy to get a DR range of even up
to 2.6 with that dilution, but I needed lower for my processes. I can see
why they say it is great for platinum people. 2 min development, very easy
to use, ortho film. About $2.50 a sheet of 8x10 from Freestyle.
     However, I will say, since I was able to buy two boxes of SO132 from B
and H, that it is still my favorite film, if you can handle 1-6 min exposure
times under the enlarger. One step makes SUCH a difference.
     Only 14 more enlarged negs to go today and I'll be done. What a chore.
Chris