Re: RE: Finding Ferric Citrate

From: Don Bryant (dsbryant@mindspring.com)
Date: 02/17/03-08:58:42 AM Z

Phillipe,

> Forgot to specify that you don't have to check if you did actually make
ferric citrate. The mix I propose makes no reaction. You will end up with a
solution of ferric citrate plus sodium chloride. If you think sodium chloride
will interfere with your process, then choose ferric nitrate instead.

For me, it is just easier to purchase the ferric citrate, which I can from Tri-Ess. To make the feric citrate I would need to purchase 1 or 2 other chemicals I don't stock now and spend time manufacturing the ferric citrate. So I think it is more cost effective to purchase it even though I will have to wait a few days.

Thanks for your help though. I find your explainations interesting even though I won't use them this time.

Don