Re: Lost it

From: Nick Makris (nick@mcn.org)
Date: 02/17/03-10:34:57 AM Z

John, On the outside chance you haven't found a solution try the following as possibilities:

I have a four year sorted archive that I could put on a CD for you.

I'm sure the files you are refering to can be retreived unless the drive was toast - if as you said, you are using Outlook Express and not Outlook (a part of MS Office suite) then the files your are looking for are not .pst files. The extension of the files you will be looking is dependent upon the version of Outlook Express you were using before. If you know the specific version, I can tell you what the extension of those file should be. Moreso, once found, those files can be imported via the latest version of Outlook express.

Lastly, if the version of Outlook Express you are now using is the same one you were using, it should be a simple matter of copy the files to the proper location or pointing Outlook Express to the location on your hard disk where they are resident. For example, in windows XP my Outlook Express 6.0 files are stored in the folder C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Express. The location varies with the operation system version and with the OE version. The location can be manually changed by clicking on Tools>Options, Maintenance (tab) - there is a button to change/view the location on that tab.

To summarize the above paragraph - you can either change the location reference or move/copy the files to that location, but it requires that the version of OE is/was the same.

Good luck,

Nick