Re: Bleaches

From: Philippe Monnoyer (philippe.monnoyer@skynet.be)
Date: 02/17/03-05:36:32 PM Z

Hi Richard,

Well, a rehalogenating bleach won't work at all for reversal. These bleaches
contain either bromides, chlorides or iodides.
In the reversal process, the purpose of the bleach is to remove the black
silver image WITHOUT replacing it by silver halides (rehalogenating bleach).
If you do so, you transform the image back to what it was before
developpment, namely silver halides. So, you end up with an homogeneous
film/paper, like unexposed. If afterwards you developp it, everything will
turn black.
An adapted single bleach would have removed the first silver image, leaving
nothing else in the film/paper. That way, the second developpment will make
all but the initial image turn black. That's the reversal process.

I think copper sulfate with a touch of sulfuric acid, like for dichromate
bleach, or permangante bleach will work OK. Try different concentrations.
Rinse thouroughly to eliminate silver sulfate.

And keep us aware of the result,

Cheers,

Philippe