Re: Aqua Regia & safety

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 02/21/03-03:30:03 PM Z

It seems that two separate issues may have got crossed in this
discussion. I'm told on good authority that Liam wasn't advocating
adding water to fresh acid but diluting spent acid with water, which is
a different issue. I'm glad to be corrected on the point and to find
that there is less disagreement on the issue than I thought and that no
one is likely to be encouraging folks to pour water into concentrated
acids. I still think the guidelines for aqua regia should be written by
persons other than the principals in the debate.

Katharine Thayer