DIRTY NAILS was Julia, was safety

From: Bob Kiss (bobkiss@caribsurf.com)
Date: 02/22/03-09:55:26 PM Z

DEAR LIST,
    Let's not forget that great photo of Edward Weston by Adams that shows
his finger nails stained black by Amidol and Pyro. In those days, people
used to stick their hands into any developer. C'mon folks, if that won't
cause nervous disorders, let's sidle up to the bar and drink some agent
orange on the rocks!
    I am now into my third year of treatment for metals and phenols in my
liver and kidneys because, "When I wazh a boy" we weren't warned about the
slow build up of so many of the chemicals that we use. Of course, now we
used latex or vinyl gloves and good ventilation but we should never shrug
off chemicals because they won't kill us quickly...the most insidious are
those that build up in the system with time. Prevention is worth more than
a pound of valor...to purposefully mix my metaphors.
                CHEERS!
                    BOB