Re: fresson printing

From: Gordon J. Holtslander (holtsg@duke.usask.ca)
Date: 02/23/03-12:45:15 AM Z

Former alt-photo list member Luis Nadeau has also produced Fresson prints.
I believe he is the only other one that owns the rights to produce Fresson
prints.

He acquired rights to the process from Jose Ortiz Echage in 1979.

More info at Luis' site http://www.photoconservation.com - take the
process museum link and look for Fresson. The opening graphic is an image
of a Fresson print.

Chris - not sure if you want info a Howell-Koehler's book - I have it next
to the computer :)

Gord

On Sat, 22 Feb 2003, Christina Z. Anderson wrote:

> Shooot, Dave, you are right! Suda House's book has little columns in it and
> little chapter numbers and this one starts each chapter with a big huge
> number and has two large columns. The images in it date as late as 1979,
> and I know it is an out of print book, so I think it is Nancy
> Howell-Koehler's Photo Art Processes. Does anyone have that book now and
> can check it to see if that is correct?? It has a chapter on Kwik Print,
> Carbro, Carbon, Oil, Platinum/Palladium, Gum, etc. but I have not recorded
> the bibliography on it.
> Chris

Gordon J. Holtslander Dept. of Biology
holtsg@duke.usask.ca 112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461 Canada S7N 5E2