Re: Glass plates setting temp and health points... (rather long/2short)

From: John Glen (microcrystals2002@yahoo.com)
Date: 02/23/03-05:44:12 AM Z

Hi Ryuji,

I think you do not need to worry about scratch
strength at this point. I don't say you are wrong that
a good setting temperature is benifical... it is. What
I am saying is that for small scale manual production
of a few prints you can do with out it. If it does
become becomes a problem, it is easily fixed. But Who
am I to talk? I have a fridge!

>They don't give actual numbers for temperature of
gelation, because it varies a lot with gelatin and
dispersion viscosity.

If you want to go to the trouble 2-6 degrees C. is
suggested.

There are other ways to cool gelatin besides a
refrigerator. I use mine for other things.

Anyway let me know how the tests go.

JG