RE: lost messages

From: Gordon J. Holtslander (holtsg@duke.usask.ca)
Date: 02/24/03-12:29:49 AM Z

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003, Robkin, Eugene wrote:
>big snip<

> As far
> as I know messages undelivered for any other reason at least get a reply
> back to the sender stating that. The alt-photo list server may not be
> dealing with such auto replies as you might like.
>
> Gene Robkin

Undelivered messages sent through the alt-photo-proces-l maling list get
sent to me, rather than to the original sender.

I get a copy of every error message generated by the list, (between 100
and 300 per day)

I have a very good email filter - procmail that sorts these out from the
rest of my email - it also builds the online live mirror.

I don't read all of them, but I save them for a few weeks in case somebody
has problems - then I can search the error messages to find the source of
a wide variety of problems.

Gord
List Manager
Gordon J. Holtslander Dept. of Biology
holtsg@duke.usask.ca 112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461 Canada S7N 5E2