Re: gum printing

FotoDave@aol.com
Date: 02/26/03-12:01:03 AM Z

Hi Judy,

I believe long long time ago gouache and poster color were basically the same
thing, which was pigment with filler or white added, except that gouache was
a more expensive version, so it had higher pigment to filler ratio.

Then W&N changed that. They specifically say in their literature that they
achieve higher opacity in their gouache by using more pigment instead of by
adding filler. Nowadays I think most so called artist gouache are without
filler whereas cheaper grades (student grade or kids grade) still have white
or filler added.

Dave S