Re: gum printing

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 02/26/03-01:41:26 AM Z

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 FotoDave@aol.com wrote:

> Hi Judy,
>
> I believe long long time ago gouache and poster color were basically the same
> thing, which was pigment with filler or white added, except that gouache was
> a more expensive version, so it had higher pigment to filler ratio.

Oh, so you think 1937 was a very long time ago ? That, by the way, was the
Franklin Jordan book... which is really a wonderful book (given to me by
wonderful friend.) Title is "Photographic Control Processes," which is
what everything manipulated by hand was called at the time -- paper
negatives to bromoil.

I think it's available around, like on e-bay. And speaking of e-bay I
share this late night story... In line at the post-office today a dashing
young woman arrived with 3 huge packages....struggling under the load.
Bystanders were sympathetic & she explained to the room at large that she
had sold the stuff her boyfriend did NOT take with him when he left on
e-bay. This box was his motorcycle helmet which she said sold instantly
for $100. She found out later it sold new for $400. Meanwhile, she gained
a lot of closet space.

OK, GOOD NIGHT... to every time zone.

J.