Re: printers

From: Don Bryant (dsbryant@mindspring.com)
Date: 02/27/03-05:44:40 AM Z

Chris,

> Anyway, I'm looking at the Epson Stylus Photo 2200 and the Canon S9000.
They
> both look to have great specs (on paper). The Epson sounds a little better
> then the Canon (can use roll paper and the ink system sounds better). Do
any
> of you out there use either of these? If there is anyone also who have
seen
> prints and negatives made from both of these and feel comfortable in
rating,
> is the Epson worth the extra $200?

I've seen prints from the 2200 and I have now doubt you will be quite
pleased with the output for prints.

The output for digital negatives for the 2200 is probably the best you will
get from a desktop printer according to those who use it for that, that I've
talked to.

And if you are interested in B&W output you may wish to look at this:

http://www.inkjetgoodies.com/sundance_septone.htm

Don Bryant