Re: printers

From: Amy Cutting (amos1979@attbi.com)
Date: 02/27/03-09:48:58 PM Z

Chris,
     I ended up going with the Canon S9000. I've always like and wanted an
Epson but on the suggestion of a few people, I looked at the Canon. I like
it. Nice prints (not as archival as epson but I'm making negs and if it's a
print, I've got the file), cheaper inks (thought of course, not cheap, they
are sold individually and are less money overall), and it's fast. The only
part about it that I don't like is that Dan Burkholder's book only likes
Epson's (I understand - too many printers in this world and everyone wants a
curve of their own!) and that's one of the major things I want to do with
it. Oh yes, another major reason, most of the substates (transparency,
paper, etc) don't like the new pigment inks. Make sure your printer fits
what you want to do with it. They're both gorgeous printers and I had a
tough time choosing as well. I just figured all that large paper space and
all the ink that would be coating it would be taking a large chunk out of my
photostudent budget so I weighed that heavily as everything else seemed
about even on those two printers. Good Luck, Amy Cutting