Re: King Gum

From: Dave Rose (cactuscowboy@attbi.com)
Date: 02/27/03-11:43:51 AM Z

I agree. Gum is not necessarily better than other processes. (I thought
Jordan's bombastic description of gum was really funny).

IMO, it's the final result that counts, not how you got there. In 1995, one
of my cyanotype/gum prints was awarded "Best In Show" at an open photography
exhibition in northern New Jersey. As with all my alt-photo prints, the
outside-edge brush marks were cropped out by the window mat. The judges,
commercial and fine art photographers, had no idea what kind of print they
were looking at. One asked if it was a C print. I thought it was great
that they didn't care how my print (or others) were made.

Contrast that experience to having a snobbish gallery owner in Manhattan
dismiss my silver b&w prints with the question, "Nice, but do you do any
printing in platinum?"

Dave Rose
Cactus Cowboy
Big Wonderful Wyoming