Re: new year's resolutions, photographically speaking

From: Phillip Murphy (pmurf@bellsouth.net)
Date: 01/02/03-07:33:27 PM Z

Hi Shannon,

Look for an essay by Edward Weston titled: Twenty-Five Years of Portraiture.
His method was so agile that at times the subject never realized that the
session
had begun, when it was in fact completed. Here's a guy who evolved from
winning
awards making soft focus and sometimes dream-like portraits to creating sharp
edge
and often Daguerreotype quality images that breathed much life. His method was

predominately psychological.

-Phillip