Digital Negs & Gamma Setting

From: Scott Wainer (smwbmp@starpower.net)
Date: 01/02/03-11:55:01 PM Z

Hey all,

I am printing negs on the Epson 1280 and saw there was a box for changing
the gamma setting to either 1.8 or 2.2. Since i'm on a PC and it uses a
gamma of 2.2, should I set the gamma for 2.2? How does changing the gamma of
the printer effect printing? I was on the inksupply.com website and saw in
the workflow section that it says to set the gamma to 1.8 for printing. Is
that only for Macs or does it apply to PCs as well?

I'll get it right one of these days,

Scott Wainer

smwbmp@starpower.net