Re: VDB is "Brownprint" process?

From: Ed Buffaloe (EdBuffaloe@UnblinkingEye.Com)
Date: 01/04/03-05:07:30 PM Z

I can't answer any of your questions, but I do note that Dick Stevens'
chapter on the Brown Print also contains a formula from The Photo-Miniature
of January 1900 which uses ferric citrate and ferric oxalate instead of FAC.
The image "prints out fully" and is fixed in a 2% ammonia solution. I do
get the impression that brown print has been used to represent any formula
that is ferric-silver but doesn't require a special developer. I wouldn't
consider the boric acid a "developer," but merely an additive, since I also
use citric acid in my wash for VDB.