Re: Books and CDs on Photoshop

Ender100@aol.com
Date: 01/11/03-12:01:38 PM Z

Sandy,

One of the best books out there is "Real World Adobe Photoshop 7." I
attended a workshop with one of the authors, Bruce Fraser and found him very
knowledgeable about the use of Photoshop 7 with photography. He also
teaches some advanced techniques using Photoshop 7 that allow you to keep
your file in 16 bit mode—and for the price of a beer, I'll be in your
neighborhood early next week and show you the tricks.
<A HREF="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0321115600/qid=1042307164/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-4178895-3255204?v=glance&s=booksazon.com: Books: Real World Adobe Photoshop 7</A>

There are also some good web sites that offer great tips and tricks. Here
is one below. Andrew Rodney was also one of the presenters at the workshop
I attended.
<A HREF="http://digitaldog.net/">digitaldog.net</A>

Are there specific things you want to learn to do?

With Photoshop there are usually 10 different ways to do the same thing.
Some are better than others. The better ways are usually the ones that are
least destructive to your original data. One way of seeing that is by
examining your histogram. If it is "comb-like" with a lot of gaps in the
data, then you have probably worked it to death and you will have
posterization and loss of detail in the highlights and shadows.

Mark Nelson