argyrotype chemistry

From: epona (acolyta@napc.com)
Date: 01/05/03-05:11:55 PM Z

Hi All,

Here's a question for the argyroptypists on the list~

I just made my first ever batch of sensitizer and I'm a little curious
about the color. Mike Ware says it should be a clear olive greem. Mine
is a VERY dark olive green, alomst black, which I think *may* be clear,
but I can't tell because its so dark. Does it sound like something may
have gone awry? Or am I paranoid? Won't this leave a colored stain on
the paper when I coat?

Thanks,
Christine