Re: Books and CDs on Photoshop

From: Joe Smigiel (jsmigiel@kvcc.edu)
Date: 01/11/03-12:47:01 PM Z

Hi Sandy,

I like Martin Evening's "Photoshop 6.0 For Photographers" which is probably in v.7.0 by now. It has a lot of examples taken through various steps to achieve a final result. It is oriented a bit towards commercial studio applications and the thought process that goes into creating a specific type of image or effect (why and when as well as how). Also a good chapter on color management and the accompanying CD has some nice movie examples of the step by step process. The other photoshop books seem either too specific to a style, or are just about pushing buttons for filter effects.

On the graphic designer side, "The Photoshop WOW Book" is also good but also more flashy as it deals with filter effects for type, etc., which I don't find very useful as someone using Photoshop to replace some darkroom stuff.

Joe

>>> sanking@clemson.edu 01/11/03 11:18 AM >>>
What books and CDs do folks on the list recommend for learning
advanced application of Photoshop. I have been using the product for
a very long time but really need to learn a lot more to do some of
the things I would like to do.

Sandy King