Re: Making Negatives from 11x17" photocopies??

From: Gordon J. Holtslander (holtsg@duke.usask.ca)
Date: 01/12/03-11:24:50 AM Z

You could photocopy the prints again - but use copier transparancy - this
will give you a transparent positive. From this you can contact print
onto lith film. This should give you a pretty faithfull reproduction.

Even better use a copier that will invert the image to transparacny and do
it all in one step.

Gord

On Wed, 1 Jan 2003, REDROCKET wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I've been off the list for a few months. i have about a dozen 11x17"
> positives made from a copy machine standard cheapo copy paper, mainly dark
> prints. These where made by moving objects while the copy machine scanned
> the image.
>
> I need to make negs for making cyanotypes and would like to keep the same
> character of the originals. Any advice on making the negs? Freestyle Litho
> film? How well will that work being that the original is cheap copy paper?
>
> I thought about scanning and doing digital negs, but, that seems like a lot
> of work and brings me to far away from the organic nature of these
> originals.
>
> So any advice?
>
> Thanks
>
> Mac Legrandi

Gordon J. Holtslander Dept. of Biology
holtsg@duke.usask.ca 112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461 Canada S7N 5E2