Re: Prints/ Disfarmer, Re: outsider art

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 01/08/03-04:09:44 PM Z

Arthur,

Then I guess nobody will be able to make a dissertation out of it. Case
closed. Anyway, it's the wonderful haunting pictures that matter.---Carl

PS: I *am* surprised at the use of glass plates then. I wasn't photographing
in the 40's--I wasn't doing *anything* until 1949--but my father was a very
active photographer at that period, doing all the documentation photographs
at the plant where he was a machinist, and the impression I had from him was
that glass plates would have been incredibly outmoded then, prehistoric. I
don't think he'd ever used anything but sheet film from his start around
1930.

--
Yes, Disfarmer prints are available from the 292 Gallery here in NYC.
Prices are reasonable enough, but the problem is that they are all "printed