Re: Felt vs Wire (was: Re: Stonehenge Paper)

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 01/10/03-11:02:44 AM Z

Katherine,

I think it's just that we intuit that we don't want a "wire" print surface,
but the felt side is rougher than the wire side. Of course the wire look
varies hugely from paper to paper. Some papers have a very "mechanical"
looking wire texture that I generally don't like, others are random and
somehow organic looking on the wire side. The felt side always winds up
lumpy-looking once the paper has been wetted. Perhaps a real paper expert
could provide more details about how the manufacturing process affects
this.---Carl

--
        web site with picture galleries
        and workshop information at: