Re: About that bird Re: Sam Wang "Bird from Courtyard"

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 01/10/03-10:51:04 PM Z

Dave wrote:

>Am I missing something here? Has Sam actually been accused of killing
>birds?

No need to worry, Dave, no one has accused Sam of killing birds. But
he does not care much for my cat, and he really disliked my miniature
weiner dog, may he rest in peace (the dog that is).

>Isn't it common knowledge that paper does not have to be sized for printing
>cyanotype?

I think you may have missed the point, Dave. Sam is making tri-color
gum/cyanotypes, that is, one printing of cyanotype and several colors
in gum. Judy was not talking just about printing cyanotype. Don't
most people size the paper when doing multiple gum printings?

BTW, I have seen the actual tri-color cyanotype/gum prints that Judy
commented on based on the nice card that Sam sent out. They are truly
of exceptional quality, and the detail is better than anything I have
ever seen in a gum print. When I saw them for the first time I
thought they were really beautiful color prints that he had produced
digitally. Well, some of that nice details is due to the cyanotype
layer of course.

Sandy King