RE: Life of BL tubes, was Re: Cyan and Digital Negs

From: Eric Neilsen (e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 01/12/03-10:09:28 PM Z

Scott, I didn't mean to blow you off but I just can not follow all the
groups, and stuff in life in a timely fashion right now. The integrator
itself would not speed up your exposures. It simply reads the light
output and adjusts your timer to compensate for the changing output of
your lamps.

UV lamps will have a slightly higher output after an initial warm up
period of several hours use. They then level off and output at a rather
steady rate. A metrolux II timer and a sensor would have set you back
about $400, but you would have gained control over your light sources as
they can be used for your enlarger as well. It can also read shutter
speeds of your cameras and lens.

cheers

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street