Re: Books and CDs on Photoshop

From: Carolyn Frayn (carolynfrayn@shaw.ca)
Date: 01/12/03-10:42:02 PM Z

>>> fill, whether using a selection or to the whole, is "command delete",
>>

> I've known that one, but keep forgetting it because I don't use it
> much.
> The one I've been using a lot is to fill with a particular percent (as
> making the 100-patch patch, tho mine was only half that)... and it's a
> big
> pain. When I grow some new brain cells I'm going to see if any of the
> 12
> unused function keys came with this hellacious black keyboard can be
> programmed for stuff like that. you sound like you know yr photoshop
> --
> any idea?

f8 brings up info and f9 brings up actions, whether or not they are
docked. Many of the function keys are predefined... cut, paste, brush
palette etc.

In order to use a function key for certain tasks, you assign it in the
actions palette. Choose new action, choose a function key, record the
action... in the case of a 50% gray swatch, go to your foreground
color, click it, choose a gray and close, click stop recording... when
you hit the function key you set for that action, the foreground color
changes to the gray. Trouble would be, remember which key, and needing
many of them for each percent you may use. I've not done it, I use the
function keys for other things.

> PS. The keyboard for G4 is uniquely heinous -- keys actually smaller &
> closer together than on the old scuzzy keyboard, so you hit double keys
> easier (by actual measure !) and that "stylish" black... much harder
> read, also glary, & the minute they get the least bit worn the letters
> turn gray & disappear. Very smart. Apple stock is at 15....

Yes, I have that keyboard attached to my powerbook, as that bit the
dust rather early in life. It took a bit, but I'm used to it now.

> J.
>

>> If you wish black or white, hit "command D" to bring those defaults
>> back to the tool palette.

I was typing to fast here, Command D get's rid of your selection
(marching ants).. .to bring the default black and white back to the
tool palette you simply hit "D"...

Carolyn