Re: getting more contrast out of pt/pd developer

From: Alan Bucknam (alan@notchcode.com)
Date: 01/13/03-09:24:10 AM Z

Eric,

thanks for the info.

I'm using Ammonium Citrate, sometimes substituting Cold Bath Developer,
although in the case of this print, it's 20 degree C Ammonium Citrate.

Once I'm done with this rather rushed project I'm currently wrapping
up, I'm inclined to try Ammonium-based platinum solutions. I've already
intensified for a total of about 36 hours, with regular agitation each
hour or so, in selinium diluted 1:4. It's helped, but not enough. I
need about one more stop. I'm already using all solution B, no solution
A, and pure platinum in my C mixture. I even tried double-coating, but
that really didn't do much, other than slough off a lot of extra metal
precipitates into my developer.