Re: Re: getting more contrast out of pt/pd developer

From: Linas Kudzma (lkudzma@earthlink.net)
Date: 01/13/03-08:10:13 AM Z

Dick,
 Interesting that Arentz is using sodium chloroplatinate (Na2PtCl6). I have been using it as my exclusive contrast agent for DOP for almost 2 years. I know just what you mean by the subtle "pop" it gives a print.

I know that this is a nit-pick, but I never liked the nickname "Na2" you gave the platinate. The salient chemical point is the oxidation state of the Pt metal ion (Pt+4 vs Pt+2), rather than the sodium counter ion. In my personal notes I refer to it as Pt(IV) vs the normal Pt(II). But I guess the train has left the station, product name wise...

Linas