Hydrocoat Polurethane [Was: Future acrylic floor polish and dmax]

dsbryant@mindspring.com
Date: 01/15/03-10:46:05 AM Z

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 17:12:06 +0100 Monnoyer Philippe <monnoyer@imec.be> wrote:

> I tried acrylic spray for watercolor work on a
> palladiotype printed on Arches Platine. No
> perceptible change in Dmax, no glossy finish
> neither. Disappointed.
> Maybe polyester resin, or acrylic resin for
> inclusions would work. Anybody tried ?
>
> Philippe

Since we are discussing coating prints with clear coating materials, I might
mention that I have been using Hydrocote polyurethane to coat Alt prints and
pigmented inkjet prints. The result of the coating is a dramatic increase in
dmax and gives an added impression of depth.

Hydocote polyurethane is a water based polyurethane and has *NO* odor or
noxious vapors to deal with.

I can't take any credit for the discovery of this material, it was discussed
for several weeks on a Yahoo discussion group for black and white digital
printing. For more details about using this coating material I'll refer you to
Paul Roark's web page detailing his use and methods.

http://home1.gte.net/res0a2zt/coating.html

It isn't as inexpensive as Future floor wax but it is very effective.

Don Bryant