RE: Future acrylic floor polish and dmax

From: Monnoyer Philippe (monnoyer@imec.be)
Date: 01/15/03-10:48:53 AM Z

Well, to have a glossy finish, one needs to form/coat a uniform flat acrylic layer on top of the image. I guess that acrylic spray gives an acrylic layer so thin that it covers the paper fibers individually, but no flat layer is formed, and so, no glossy surface.
I think I'll use a concentrated archival resin and dilute it to obtain the right finish. Polyester is archival as far as I know, and cheap.

On the other hand, our good old gelatin should work OK too.

Philippe