Re: cyano and Future floor polish

From: Richard Urmonas (rurmonas@senet.com.au)
Date: 01/18/03-09:33:58 PM Z

On 2003.01.19 10:13 Christina Z. Anderson wrote:

> Do cyanos normally fade with strong sun? I
> thought
> they were quite archival.

 From what I have read, exposing a cyano to direct sunlight
causes the prussian blue to convert to prussian white.
If the "faded" print is left in a cool dark place it will slowly
recover the image as the prussian white converts back to prussian
blue. I have no direct experience with this, as I keep
cyano prints out of direct sun.

Richard

---
Richard Urmonas